Sunday 23 October 2011

The Language Show 2011: Show and Tell

Yet again the Language Show turned out to be great for inspiration and networking. The Show and Tell was fantastic, with lots of ideas and suggested tools to use.
My problem was that I wanted to demonstrate Songify, the iphone app that turns plain speech into something like a jingle or part of  song but the IT started bevahaving in an odd way before I started my mini-presentation. 

So here are the powerpoint and the sound files.



Please note that I am not suggesting that Songify will make it easier for ALL students to remember the whole of their controlled assessment preparation. In fact, as the maximum length of a song is 1 minute 20 seconds, this probably will not work as the only memorization strategy. However, I feel that this tool has a lot of potential to get students to remember how a short account is sequenced and to enable them to develop a stronger link between the spoken and written word. It is also a fun way to drill specific structures... Let's share ideas on how it could be used in the languages classroom...

No comments: