My Languages

Resources, Research, News and Views about Language Teaching and Learning in the UK

Sunday, 4 February 2018

Creative Grammar: Developing Learners' Independence


Linguascope2018 from Isabelle Jones
Posted by Isabelle Jones at 20:37
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Labels: Event, Grammar, ICT, Independence, Learning and Teaching, Primary, Resources, Training, Translation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

JOIN ALL NOW!

JOIN ALL NOW!


Subscribe To

Posts
Atom
Posts
Comments
Atom
Comments

About Me

My photo
Isabelle Jones
United Kingdom
Associate Assistant Headteacher (T&L and CPD), FCCT, Former Head of Modern Languages in 2 schools, French & Spanish KS3-KS5 specialist with experience of Primary French & Spanish, German & EAL, Oldham SLN Lead Teacher, Regional Secondary Adviser 2009-11 for the Association for Language Learning and member of ALL National Council, Language Consultant and Trainer for Links into Languages, Proof reader, qualified Translator and Interpreter (ESUCA, Toulouse University, France).
View my complete profile

Subscribe To My Languages

Posts
Atom
Posts
Comments
Atom
Comments

My Blog List

  • The Language Gym
    From Hearing to Writing: How to Scaffold Dictation Effectively with Beginner Language Learners - Introduction Dictation is one of the oldest activities in the language teacher’s repertoire. Yet, despite its apparent simplicity, it is also one of the mo...
    20 hours ago
  • Cordero's Classroom
    Controlling the controllables – Long-term planning to stay organised as a Head of Department - When we sign on the dotted line for the role of Head of Department, having carefully digested the person specification and written our applications to meet...
    2 days ago
  • MFL Craft @BotonesSalgado
    How to survive OFSTED under the new Framework - Last Monday we got the call. Ofsted was coming home for our routine inspection, which was due. My school, *Princes Risborough School, an Upper School or ...
    3 days ago
  • Language Teacher Toolkit: Steve Smith's blog
    New grammar booklets on frenchteacher - Just to make you aware, whether your are already a subscriber, or a potential one (!), that I have been adding loads of new resources to my site, inlcud...
    4 days ago
  • Light Bulb Languages
    200 new resources today! - I've just finished uploading 200 new resources (a nice round number!) for Key Stage 2 French. They complement the scheme of work, which is now comple...
    1 week ago
  • teacherhead
    Powerful habit changes for more inclusive teaching. - When I run our Big Classroom training, it’s interesting to see which elements find resonance with different teachers. In many ways I’m spelling out the obv...
    1 week ago
  • Changing Phase
    Curriculum and Assessment review: update - I've written before, at length, about the Curriculum and Assessment Review (CAR) and especially about its implications for languages in primary schools...
    2 weeks ago
  • DIEGO OJEDA
    The Grammar Gaps We Think Our AP Students Have - We need to stop treating “grammar gaps” as a student problem and start recognizing them as a definition problem. In many advanced and AP language classroom...
    1 month ago
  • Helen Myers
    Why percentages getting each grade differ between A level subjects, including French, German and Spanish - Thanks to David Blow, ALL Fellow, for sharing this pdf document explaining why percentages getting each grade differ between A level subjects, includ...
    1 month ago
  • Languages and Learning
    AI in education at this stage - In June I had the privilege of talking at the Generative AI conference for principals in Belfast. It was organised by EA, and Christopher Robinson approach...
    2 months ago
  • ThinkingEd
    Ready-to-Use Spanish Retrieval Questions - A little while ago, I put together a bank of Spanish vocabulary retrieval questions for use in lessons. They’ve proved really useful, so I thought I’d shar...
    2 months ago
  • mrvinalesmfl
    Language Trends England 2026: EPI now adopted by over 50% of responding schools - The latest Language Trends England 2026 report contains something that would have been hard to imagine a decade ago. Just over half of responding schools r...
    2 months ago
  • ¡VĂ¡monos!
    Engaging Hearts and Minds – a personal perspective #LW2026 - As part of presentation at Language World #LW2026 I intended to share a couple of examples or ‘case studies’ that exemplified what I was saying about the i...
    6 months ago
  • David Didau
    The Learning Spy is alive and well on Substack - If you've been missing my regular posts and wondering whether the blog is still going, I'm happy to tell you that you can subscribe to The Learning Spy ove...
    8 months ago
  • MFL Music Mania
    - Buy your ticket here! https://atsirlanda.com/tickets/28
    9 months ago
  • johntomsett
    This much I know about… Billy Bragg and our dads - *Billy Bragg - A People's History* has just been published. The book is an oral history of the singer-songwriter and political activist. It’s the story o...
    11 months ago
  • MFL Classroom Magic
    3 activities that introduce new vocab through listening - If you’re wondering why your students perform well on reading tasks but not on listening and you’re sure you’ve covered much of the language in the passage...
    1 year ago
  • MFL resources – GCSE + A level ideas and resources
    GCSE Spanish collection - Below is a collection of resources which can be used for GCSE Spanish revision. We follow the AQA exam board at my school. The resources can be posted for ...
    2 years ago
  • FrauBastowMFL (Sisa Silvia)
    Stretching our high attaining students - I decided to write this blog post because too often, when I chat to my fellow colleagues either at conferences, subject meetings, or various social media...
    2 years ago
  • L. Jones T&L page by Ludi Jones
    CPD and putting people first by Nikki Sullivan - https://lovetotalktandl.wordpress.com/2023/01/02/further-reflections-on-cpd-and-putting-people-first/
    3 years ago
  • Polly Glot Languages
    Top tips for dictation! - In September, I will take on my first ever role as Head of Department in Languages. I have been teaching for over 23 years and this is a role that, thus fa...
    3 years ago
  • Learning Linguist
    The return of From Page to Practice - I’m hoping to bring From Page to Practice back to your ears in Summer 2023. But to do it I’ll need your help. The core theme remains the same, talking ab...
    3 years ago
  • MFL Twitterati sharing good practice by Esmeralda
    Spanish cultural quiz - This is my classroom. In Present mode, press the red writing on the WB: El gran QUIZ... it will take you to the quiz. It is designed to be played either in...
    3 years ago
  • Transform MFL
    Unpicking NCELP’s Marketing - Since the launch of the finalised new GCSE content in January 2022, colleagues at NCELP have been very much on the charm offensive, extolling the virtues (...
    4 years ago
  • Siempre Spanish
    2022 Calendars - We all know than when you learn a language in school, you are learning more than one subject. You are learning history, geography, music, art, religion, po...
    4 years ago
  • @MissMeyMFL
    Sentence Builders & Feedback - Few people reading this post will be new to ‘Sentence Builders’. If you are, welcome on board! Go and check out the wonderful work being done by @gianfranc...
    6 years ago
  • The Languages Resources Blog
    It’s been a while - Timehop today reminded me that I started to write this blog 12 years ago yet unfortunately I haven’t blogged for a long time. There are multiple reasons fo...
    6 years ago
  • Dom's MFL Page
    7 Quick MFL Ideas to Boost Secondary Students’ Word Power - This is an article I wrote for Teach Secondary magazine: 7 Quick MFL Ideas to Boost Secondary Students’ Word Power Enjoy. [image: 7 Quick MFL Ideas to Bo...
    7 years ago
  • INFORMED LANGUAGE TEACHER
    -
  • rachelhawkes.com - Homepage
    -
  • MORGAN MFL - MFL Ideas
    -
  • The Language Revolution - Changing UK attitudes to languages
    -

Labels

Learning and Teaching (185) Resources (163) Training (157) ICT (100) Social Networking (73) Curriculum (72) Event (66) News (48) collaboration (46) Primary (38) Cross-curricular (29) Promotion (29) GCSE (28) ALL (26) Assessment (25) International Dimension (25) IWB (17) Research (17) Multilinguism (16) Grammar (15) Opinion (15) Independence (13) Speaking (13) English (12) Cultural_Awareness (11) Translation (10) Vocational (9) EAL (7) Employment (7) Iphone (4) Reasearch (3) Review (3) Wales (3) Welcome (3) Leadership (2) MYLO (2) blogsilike (2) #ililc4 (1) #pracped15 (1) CLIL (1) FLAME (1) OFSTED (1)

Blog Archive

My Community

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.